To teach, guide, support, assess and review learners through all elements of their programme to achieve their qualifications and prepare them for employment. This will include vocational learning and functional skills for learners on short courses, traineeships and Apprenticeship Frameworks and Standards. There will be an emphasis on supporting offenders at HM Prison Northumberland close to the end of their sentence and on release from Prison into sustainable careers.
- To design, develop and deliver an individual programme of training and assessment for Railway Engineering learners across a range of programmes and levels to ensure successful completion of the learner’s individual learning plan within the planned duration.
- Work with residents at HM Prison Northumberland both within prison and on release to support employability skills utilising rail qualifications and training as a means to sustainable employment.
- Develop relationships with Rail Employers to create work experience and employment opportunities.
- To teach and support learners within the classroom environment and develop teaching and learning materials to meet learners needs.
- Assess learners’ vocational competence and theoretical knowledge in both a realistic working environment and their place of work against the national vocational qualification criteria.
The person & qualifications
- Demonstrate professional and occupational knowledge in the rail engineering / track maintenance sector
- Demonstrate ability to be self-directed with initiative and to be able to solve practical problems with limited supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of audiences
Relevant recent practical/industrial experience, operating at a responsible level
- Teaching and/or assessing qualifications
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.