We are working with a fantastic college in Essex who are recruiting for a Technical Trainer in Electrical. Offering an annual salary of up to £32,000, Plus up to £5,000 ‘Golden Hello’. Full or Part-time applications are considered. Benefits include a generous holiday entitlement and a defined benefit pension with around 15% employer contribution. This college is looking to interview immediately!
- You will deliver technical training to an allocation of apprenticeship / full cost candidates, both practically and within classroom environments, as well as liaising with employers, external verifiers, staff and other stakeholders to maximise the success of the candidates.
- You will also be expected to carry out assessments and undertake pastoral care
- To teach and train candidates both in the college and in the workplace towards agreed qualifications/ standards / frameworks.
- Maintain target number caseload of apprentices/full cost learners
- Undertake target hours for timetabled teaching/training
- Meet agreed timescales for sign-up and enrolment processes
- Carry out progress reviews in line with policy and setting action plans with clear and SMART targets for all elements of the training programme
- Design, develop coordinate and deliver an individual programme of learning and assessment, including the development of behaviours, to ensure successful completion of candidates within the planned duration
- To co-deliver English, Maths and ICT qualifications as required.
- To recruit and assess new candidates suitable for learning programmes in accordance to college processes and targets.
- To complete health and safety assessments of employers and their premises in accordance to standard requirements.
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learners work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met and to monitor candidates progress, including carrying out regular (12 week minimum) progression reviews and target setting. 11. To complete appropriate awarding body / funding body documentation and ensure compliance of required procedures.
- To keep and maintain accurate records and documentation.
- To undertake internal verification processes required by awarding bodies.
- To competently and professionally liaise with employers and external verifiers in the completion of the above.
- To attend regular programme meetings and briefing sessions in line with curriculum policies.
- To liaise with the colleges work based learning and widening participation centres ensuring compliance with college wide systems and procedures.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your work utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes
- To contribute fully to the development of curricula and specialist facilities
- To assist in the promotion and marketing of programmes within your team and centre of study.
- To actively promote and apply the colleges Safeguarding, Prevent and Health and Safety Policies.
- To actively promote and apply the colleges equality and diversity policy at all times
The person & qualifications
- The successful applicant will hold a level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in Electrical Installation
- Be willing to obtain a level 3 teaching/training qualification and Assessor Award within 12 months, if not already held.
- You will also have significant industrial experience within the Electrical sector and display excellent written and oral communication skills.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.