We are delighted to be working with a Nottinghamshire-based education provider to appoint their next Procurement Manager.
This is a permanent and full time position. The job purpose is to continue the implementation of the Procurement Strategy. This requires working through a prioritised plan and reporting on progress, while ensuring compliance with OJEU and the College’s Financial Regulations and Procurement Strategy.
- To act corporately at all times and lead on college initiative as directed
- To effectively contribute towards the delivery of high quality educational experience for all students
- To observe all College policies/procedures/working practices/regulations and in particular to comply with the College’s Equality and Diversity policy, Health and Safety policy, Financial Regulations, Safeguarding policy and the Code of Conduct
- Establish, maintain and implement the Procurement Strategy.
The person & qualifications
- Educated to level 3, including mathematics at a good level 2 standard
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) Professional level 6
- Experience in leading procurement projects including contract negotiation and law
- Experience of working in an education or not-for-profit environment (desirable)
- Experience of contributing to the development and delivery of the Procurement Strategy
- Experience of developing monitoring systems for centralised contracts
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations (OJEU) and Contract Law experience (desirable)
- FE & HE sector policies (desirable)
For more information please call Matt on 0115 911 1136 or email@example.com
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.