Protocol are working with a leading FE College based in the Essex area. It is a very well-established College where the College’s students are at the heart of what they do, and their priority is to prepare all their learners for the future. The excellent staff and facilities ensure that they provide a well-rounded learning experience to students to help them reach their full potential.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for anEngineering and Construction Lecturer to join them in September on a full-time basis.
- To deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment ensuring all learners meet or exceed their predicted outcomes and achieve their full potential. To ensure the needs of learners are met by providing a stimulating and supportive environment and taking responsibility for learner progress and welfare.
- To maintain accurate records and track learner progress ensuring you are complying with the requirements of the College, Awarding Organisations and professional bodies.
- To contribute to the success of the College and department by working as part of a team and contributing to delivery, monitoring, tracking and development activity.
The person & qualifications
- Relevant industry or academic experience of working in an Engineering maintenance, electronics manufacturing or machining environment
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic principles. Understanding of software programming, PLC, hydraulic, process control and maintenance procedures would be an advantage
- Knowledge of engineering Maths, principles and science.
- Practical skills in soldering, electrical install testing and modification experience, mechanical and electrical maintenance, automation and bench fitting would be an advantage
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.