A specialist vocational college for Beauty, Retail, Holistic and related sectors in London are looking to hire a full-time Hair and Media make up Lecturer for the new academic year who will be responsible for a number of learners in the capacity of both tutor and assessor. You will teach Hairdressing and Hair & Media Make-Up courses ranging from Level 1, 2 and 3 Diplomas, whilst guiding and supporting students through the assessments providing verbal and written feedback.
Widely renowned within the Beauty Industry the College now offers a wide range of Employability Training, Apprenticeships and a range of Health & Fitness, Hair and Media Make-up, Hairdressing and Training courses. This is an exciting opportunity to join a creative and passionate environment.
- To deliver and support learning through formal scheduled high quality teaching on subjects from the range of Hairdressing and Hair and Media Make-Up courses ranging from Level 1, 2 and 3 Diplomas.
- To hand in sampling to the IV throughout the life of the programme.
- To work with and liaise with your Internal Verifier and provide requested sample on time.
- To assess and mark learners assignments, tests and examinations within the agreed two week turn around window, with clear and constructive feedback using the correct documentation and criteria.
The person & qualifications
- NVQ/Diploma Hair and Media Make-up up to Level 3, BTEC National Diploma, ITEC or equivalent
- Teaching qualification, minimum PTLLS and be willing to work towards gaining DTLLS/Cert -Ed
- Assessors award A1 or equivalent or willing to work towards during the probation period
- Experience of working within a hair salon environment
- Experience of working as a tutor or facilitator
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.