Protocol are currently working alongside a fantastic college in Berkshire. They have over 300 years of experience and provide over 800 full-time, part-time and apprenticeship courses in various subjects, from entry level through to Higher Education. They are currently searching for an experienced Learning Centre Assistant to join the college up until the 25th of October! If this sounds like something you could be interested in, read on and hit APPLY!
- To contribute to the provision of a welcoming, supportive, customer focused environment for learners in line with wider Student Services.
- To be the first point of contact for customers, both staff and students, and to handle and signpost enquiries, whatever their nature, in a friendly and professional manner.
- To play an active role in managing learner behaviour, contributing to an environment conducive to independent learning and research.
- To maintain a strong presence on the floor of the Learning Centre, assisting learners in their use of IT systems and software, undertaking basic IT troubleshooting and supporting independent learning.
- To undertake projects, working directly with learners in groups and individually to deliver a range of activities and services that contribute to the personal development, health awareness, progression and participation needs of learners (including learner voice/committees, safety/health promotion, social inclusion, learner events and contract administration).
The person & qualifications
- Must have an enhanced DBS
- Experience of working with 16-19 year olds
- Experience working in a busy and demanding customer focused environment
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.