Protocol are working with a Outstanding rated Academy based in North London who are looking for an Economics/Business Head of Department. The Academy are committed to providing first-rate training and development to all of their staff as well as excellent career advancement opportunities across the evolving trust.
This student focused Academy, support everyone to achieve their full potential and become confident, resilient and compassionate individuals who can make a positive contribution to society. This comes with fully supported teachers who are offered all the opportunities needed to develop and achieve their goals.
The right candidate will have extensive KS4 & KS5 Economics teaching experience, as well as the ability to teach Business to GCSE & BTEC levels. You will have responsibility for managing the Business and Economics team to promote high quality teaching, as well as being responsible for the development and management of this forward thinking department.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to secure the strategic vision of the academy in line with the broad educational vision of the Trust, providing outstanding leadership that establishes the academy as a leading provider of high quality education for its students.
- Deliver the highest possible educational standards and create a high expectation culture in which students feel safe, valued and motivated to succeed.
- The attainment and progress in Business and Economics of all students at the academy.
The person & qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Evidence on continuing professional development.
- Leadership experience, including managing staff and students.
- Understanding of innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.