We are delighted to announce that we are working with one of London’s most successful Colleges, who are looking for a Dyslexia and Neurodiversity Specialist to join then on full-time permanent basis.
The College are proud to be described as an inclusive college and have a diverse workforce that mirrors the local community. With a spectacular campus and state-of-the-art facilities, the college firmly believes that their employees are the heart of the organisation and having the right people in the right place is key to their success.
As a Dyslexia and Neurodiversity Specialist you will be required to lead and develop strategies and interventions for students with additional needs in order to support them in accessing education and opportunities. You will provide high quality effective, and targeted support under the direction of the ALS Manager and Team Leader.
If you are passionate about making a difference and providing better opportunities to students, apply now!
- To manage a caseload of students requiring additional support and coaching
- To provide 1:1 and small group specialist tutoring for students diagnosed with specific learning difficulties, dyslexia, and neurodiversity.
- To have a thorough demonstrable knowledge of the DSA (Disabled Students Allowance) and support students in accessing it via weekly drop in clinics.
- To work closely with the Learning Support Management Team in a cross college capacity in developing evidence based strategies and interventions for students with SEND
- To become a recognised leading authority in Dyslexia, supporting academic and other support staff in understanding and meeting the needs of the students. This will include delivery of training and organising events.
The person & qualifications
- Appropriate professional training/qualification in Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and/or Neurodiversity
- A minimum Level 4 qualification in a relevant subject
- Recent training and/or Continued Professional Development in Assistive Tech and SEN
- Relevant experience of supporting people with SEND
- Experience of working with people in crisis
- Experience of conducting needs assessments and Risk Assessments for people with SEND/SEMH
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.