Protocol are working with an exceptional provider of Further and Higher Education to recruit for a Temporary Learning Facilitator in the Croydon area for three days per week.
The client offers academic and vocational qualifications, including apprenticeships, BTEC, City & Guilds and NVQs. Last rated by Ofsted as GOOD in February 2018, they offer courses with top of the class staff to suit every student’s needs alongside fantastic employer links and a rich, vibrant community.
- To assist the Learning Centre Manager with day-to-day routines in the Learning Centre, as required.
- To promote resource-based learning within the Learning Centre.
- To assist in general admin for the team including filing.
- To carry out exam invigilation where appropriate.
- To undertake any other particular duties which may be reasonably assigned by the Learning Centre Manager or Principal from time to time.
- To attend regularly and contribute to all necessary department and cross college meetings.
- To develop and maintain professional, productive relationships with all members of staff within the college.
- To be aware of your college entitlement to professional development
- To be aware of equal opportunities and to demonstrate these principles in all aspects of work
- To understand the college’s health and safety policy and to work within its guidelines
- To work in the interests of students and in accordance with the college’s policies and values
- To be aware of your responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of young persons
The person & qualifications
- A good level of general education, qualified to at least GCSE passes at grade A*-C in English Language and Mathematics.
- An awareness of, and responsiveness to, the needs of students in the 16-19 age range and the ability to form good relationships with them.
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- A need for listening skills when dealing with students who are concerned with their academic and personal progress.
- An ability to work as part of a team, and to work constructively in professional partnership with a range of client groups.
- Appropriate IT skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The ability to use initiative, stay positive, and meet deadlines, even when working under pressure
- An awareness and understanding of the technological support for resource-based learning, with an ability to use computerised management systems and other technologies.
- Evidence of a commitment to equality of rights and opportunities.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.