Protocol are currently working with a subsidiary Training Provider of an established provider of FE to recruit for a permanent IT Solutions, Infrastructure Technician and Network Engineer Trainer in the East London area.
This client has excellent links with businesses, professionals and industry experts. Last rated as GOOD in April 2016, the client is consistently investing to keep up with its students demands. By providing industry standard learning environments and access to new and rapidly advancing technologies, the college is proud to offer students with expansive opportunities in their chosen fields.
The Training Provider are looking for a keen and committed trainer/coach with a strong background in IT technical and Network Engineering. The ideal candidate will lead, develop and deliver high quality L3 Digital IT Solutions, Infrastructure Technician and level 4 Network Engineer syllabus to apprentices for this Training Provider. This will be through classroom, online training sessions and coaching in the work place to our apprentices across England.
- Effectively train and coach apprentices through the level 3 Digital IT Solutions, Infrastructure Technician and level 4 Network Engineer programme so that they develop the understanding, skills, knowledge, behaviours and technical competencies required to be successful in their working role.
- Provide, deliver and record highly effective off the job training that supports apprentices understanding, and knowledge to enable them to progress and achieve.
- Provide high quality and effective coaching in the work place that enables apprentices to meet all the requirements of the standard, through effective target setting and review.
- Deliver high quality curriculum including a range of vendor qualifications such as CompTIA+, CISCO and Juniper.
- Develop high quality learning resources, to include schemes of work and sessions plans for use in the workplace, on line and or classroom.
- Accurately track and monitor the progress of each apprentice against all aspects of their apprenticeship using an on-line portfolio tool.
- Provide high quality induction processes that enable each apprentice to have a comprehensive understanding of their apprenticeship programme, prevent, safeguarding, health and safety and equality and diversity.
- Develop and record effective and high-quality individual learning plans that clearly outline key targets and how understanding, competencies, skills and behaviours will be covered and achieved.
- Ensure all work and assignments give apprentices the opportunities to reach the highest grades and that work submitted is marked in the expected time frames and gives incisive and constructive feedback so apprentices are very clear on the areas they need to improve.
The person & qualifications
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Systems or related field
- A CISCO, Juniper or CompTIA+ qualification in Network Engineering
- Industry experience
- A minimum level 3 teaching qualification
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Masters in relevant field
- Level 5 Teaching qualification
- Assessing, Coaching Qualification (CAVA)
- Membership of professional bodies such as BCS
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.