Protocol are delighted to announce they are working in partnership with a world renowned Airline, who’s apprenticeships provide practical training in a real-world environment, setting individuals on the path to becoming skilled aviation industry professionals.
They are currently looking to expand their teams, and are looking to recruit multiple Apprenticeship Coaches to support the apprentices studying the Level 3 Cabin Crew qualification.
You will be required to work closely with apprentices to onboard, conduct assessments, on-programme reviews and design bespoke learning plans for each apprentice. You will play a vital role in ensuring that the apprenticeship runs seamlessly, is differentiated accordingly for each apprentice, and is compliant to the ESFA and Ofsted requirements. In addition to this, you will work in collaboration with the businesses Global Learning Academy, Crew Learning Team and Inflight Customer Service team.
The successful candidates will have experience in working with apprenticeships, using apprenticeship standards and ideally e-portfolios. Effective implementation and evaluation of learning interventions are also key in this position.
This is an operational role, based at both London Heathrow and London Gatwick airports, and will include a rolling shift pattern of 6 days on, 3 days off between hours of 7:00am – 19:00pm.
- Assess and support apprentices throughout their apprenticeship programme through to timely achievement (including preparation for End Point Assessment)
- Manage and support the apprentice’s English and Maths (Functional Skills) learning alongside external suppliers
- Evaluating progress of apprentice through data, tracking progress against timely milestone.
- Ensuring apprentices are ready for end-point assessment
The person & qualifications
- Experience of working in customer contact environment such as; Aviation, Travel & Tourism or Hospitality. Previous experience of Cabin Crew preferred.
- Experience of working within apprenticeships, ideally working on the apprenticeship standards and working with e-portfolio
- Understanding the apprenticeship cycle from on-boarding to end-point assessment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Expertise in coaching and mentoring in a learning environment
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.