Protocol are delighted to be working with one of the largest Further Education providers in the South East. They drive to deliver an inspirational education experience to their students across all their college campuses.
They are always looking to recruit staff who are passionate about what they do and who share their vision.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Fabrication and Welding Assessor on a permanent basis, working 18.5 hours per week.
If you are hard-working, passionate about what you do and want to make a difference to future generations, we would love to hear from you.
- To assess, support and track learners in a variety of environments towards timely completion.
- To carry out Internal Quality Assurance as required.
- To provide advice and guidance to learners about assessment criteria and standards and ensure full understanding
- To take full responsibility in tracking, monitoring and supporting Apprentices and work-based learners to achieve their full framework and identify any issues with progress
- To support apprentices in achieving their functional skills and ensuring they are accessing their on-line materials
- To provide assessment support for learners (reviews, drop-in sessions, telephone/e-mail contacts) in a variety of contexts including provision of underpinning knowledge
- Where appropriate, to maximise the use of e-portfolios in supporting learners
- To liaise with employers and their representatives to ensure the timing and mode of delivery is appropriate to their needs and those of their employees.
- To assist in the development of programme materials in line with standards issued by Awarding Bodies, Sector Skills Councils or employer requirements
The person & qualifications
- Assessor qualifications D32 -D33 or A1 or Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Internal Verifier qualification TDLB D34 or V1 or Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (or willingness to work towards)
- A qualification relevant to the sector at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Maths and English Level 2, or equivalent
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.