Protocol is proud to announce that they are sole supplier of recruitment services for Cambridge Regional College.
With campuses at Cambridge and Huntingdon, Cambridge Regional College is one of the best Further Education colleges in the country for 16 – 18 year old Level 3 student achievement. The College boasts some of the best facilities in the country, such as industry-standard workshops, state-of-the-art catering equipment, studios and salons. The Huntingdon Campus has won the Business in the Community Award in the Hunts Post Business Awards for a record fifth time.
Students enjoy their studies here, thanks to inspirational teachers and excellent course options. The atmosphere at the two college campuses’ is always busy and vibrant. A fantastic 95% of students go on to further education or employment. Graded as ‘Good’ with some outstanding features in their last Ofsted report, the college is often praised for its excellent resources, ambitious students and strong relationships with employers, and highlighted Cambridge Regional College’s work in ensuring that the curriculum meets the needs of local and regional employers.
Cambridge Regional College are currently seeking an Engineering Assessor to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
- Take overall responsibility for an agreed caseload of students and to ensure successful completion of the full programme.
- Act as main point of contact for employers and students, providing feedback on progress as required.
- Provide high quality training to students both in College and in their place of work.
- Agree and design training programmes in the appropriate area, providing support to students to achieve their qualification within agreed timescales.
- Provide information, advice and guidance to students and employers throughout the apprenticeship.
- Plan and prepare students for assessment, gateway, and end point assessment.
- Complete review records as required.
- Maintain and make available comprehensive records of student progress in line with ESFA contractual requirements and college policies.
- Carry out assessment activities in the required locations. Plan, record and schedule assessments, gateway progress and end point assessment.
- Ensure fair access to equality of opportunity in assessment for all students.
- Regularly communicate with employers to maintain good relationships.
- Develop industry links and contacts to promote the College and attract new and repeat business.
- Act as a conduit between employers and the College ensuring that all business leads are referred to the appropriate College department.
- Recruit new students as agreed with line manager. This may include attendance at careers events, open days, publicity events and close liaison with industry.
- Comply with the relevant Awarding Organisation and College quality assurance processes and requirements in all assessment practice.
- Plan and assess learner’s competence and provide feedback in line with appropriate industrial and qualification standards, and record assessment outcomes.
The person & qualifications
- Must have completed the Level 3 TAQA qualification or equivalent with appropriate updates.
- Mentor, support and countersign for trainee assessors
- Contribute to IQA strategies that reflect the College’s IQA policies.
- Create IQA plans and ensure that they are updated accordingly.
- Observe, support and mentor other Assessors as identified in the IQA strategy.
- Participate in standardisation meetings and lead where appropriate.
- Work with WBL Managers to identify improvements that can be made to assessing and quality assurance practices.
- Contribute and participate in external quality assurance visits.
- Maintain good working relations with awarding organisations for regular updates on qualifications.
- Ensure that Assessors allocated to you keep the tracking documents up to date to ensure that internal quality assurance happens in line with the agreed strategy.
- Maintain an assessment and IQA caseload.
Benefits being a permanent member of CRC staff
- Free gym membership (at Cambridge Campus)
- Discounted hair and beauty treatments at The Park Cambridge
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Contributory pension schemes
- Discounted rates on College training courses
- BUPA Health Expenses
- Childcare vouchers
- On-site nursery at Huntingdon Campus
- Free on-site parking, and free local travel to college from surrounding areas
- Rewards@CRC – exclusive discounts for staff on high street and online stores
- Occupational Health services
- Free flu vaccines annually for staff
- On site subsidised Costa Coffee (Cambridge) and Starbucks (Huntingdon)
- On site restaurants, refectories and retail outlets
- Regular staff development days
- Free eye care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Christmas savings scheme
- Staff discounted rates on Apple Products, free in-house IT support for personal use, free Microsoft Office software
- NUS Extra card
- Local discounts
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion