We are working in partnership with Wigan & Leigh College to recruit exceptional Lecturers for a number of positions within the college.
Wigan & Leigh College have distinct ambitions to expand its choice of programmes and support the economic transformation of Wigan and the surrounding areas. As a growing college they are in a strong position to continue to invest in our campuses with the development of state of the art facilities. Continually striving for excellence and a string Grade 2 College, they are well on their way to becoming Outstanding.
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative Mechanical Engineering Lecturer to deliver on a full time permanent basis. The college offers City & Guilds qualifications ranging from level 1 to level 3. For part time apprentices they deliver the NVQ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering as part of the Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship framework, delivered jointly with the colleges Business Services department. The College is an exciting place to work as the provision expands and the delivery of Mechanical Engineering is key to this development as they move to apprenticeship standards.
Working on a full time, permanent basis, the salary is highly competitive, depending on experience.
- To ensure that students achieve their academic potential by contributing to the effective planning, outstanding delivery and implementation of formative and summative assessment in line with the awarding body requirements and the College Learning Framework
- To assess students’ work in accordance with the College and departmental assessment policies and awarding body requirements
- To develop and deliver best practice in learning, teaching and assessment
- To assist in the implementation of pastoral and welfare systems for students, including induction, recording achievements and action planning
- To act as a Personal Tutor when required, providing advice and guidance in pastoral and welfare matters to assigned students in line with College procedures
The person & qualifications
- Hold a UK recognised teaching qualificaiton
- Hold a relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Relevant and current Mechanical knowledge
- Industry experience
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.