Protocol is delighted to be working with a specialist independent education provider based in South Yorkshire in the recruitment to the position of Curriculum Manager (Transition and Outcomes Manager).
Operating across a variety of sites across South Yorkshire and the East Midlands, the college offers tailored learning programmes to young people with learning disabilities and disabilities.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing staff in a learning support capacity, have experience of working with young people with learning difficulties and disabilities, and be willing to travel to different sites.
- Management and implementation of the College Assessment Strategy and practices, this includes data reporting as per the QA cycle and Calendar.
- Contribute to the annual SAR process.
- Ensure all 2nd year learner records are accurate and that sufficient data exists to inform the ILR.
- Management monitoring and reporting of learner progress and achievement.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of initial and baseline learner assessments on your Pathway, so that learners have clear, measurable starting points from which to begin their learning
- Participation and monitoring of the quality of education, support, therapy and outcomes/impacts through the college observation process.
- Review and development of initial, formative and summative assessment processes for your Pathway.
- Implement formal validation processes for internal achievements and external awards within your Pathway.
- Support the Vice Principal and Quality Improvement Manager with the implementation of the College Quality Improvement Plan.
- Ensure the College meets its quality and performance requirements of the funder’s contract.
- Monitor all College plans to include the QIP, college strategic plan and curriculum development plans.
- To be the nominated quality link and responsible signatory with overall examining bodies.
- Lead the accreditation of the Gatsby Benchmark for the College.
- Lead on Functional Skills, Vocational and Enterprise Curriculum.
- Plan and deliver a session of 2.5 hours per week.
The person & qualifications
- Level 2 Maths and English (or willingness to work towards)
- A relevant degree level qualification
- Qualified Teacher
- Relevant, recent training and development (desirable)
- Training in counselling and/or mental health support (desirable)
- Experience of working with adults with learning difficulties/disabilities
- Recent experience of line managing staff in a learning support capacity
- Experience of delivering staff training to improve performance
- Outstanding teacher
- Knowledge of the Ofsted EIF
- Knowledge of Positive Learning Support strategies, Team Teach
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.