Protocol are proud to be working in partnership with Wigan & Leigh College to recruit exceptional Lecturers for their Engineering Department.
Wigan & Leigh College has a long-standing history and reputation for providing excellence in engineering and manufacturing. They are committed to training highly skilled engineers of the future. As a growing college they are in a strong position to continue to invest in campuses with the development of state of the art facilities. Continually striving for excellence and a strong Grade 2 College, they are well on their way to becoming Outstanding.
- Do you want to work for a reputable college?
- Do you thrive on seeing your students progress?
- Are you considering a career change from industry to education?
We are looking for a highly motivated Mechanical Engineering Lecturer to work on a full time, permanent basis.
We are looking for candidates that have vast industry experience within the engineering sector to help the college deliver outstanding teaching and learning on part and full time courses across a range of levels. Using innovation and creativity, you will pass on your knowledge to students as well as deliver professional updates to meet employer needs.
- To teach from level 3 up to level 6
- To teach subjects including Engineering Science, Engineering Maths, Sustainable Design, Engineering Design, Management of Engineering Projects, and Mechanical/Electrical Principles.
- To develop and deliver best practice in learning, teaching and assessment
- To assist in the implementation of pastoral and welfare systems for students, including induction, recording achievements and action planning
The person & qualifications
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (or be willing to work towards one as part of your employment)
- Hold a qualification in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- Have previous experience teaching levels 3 up to 6
- Be ready for a new challenge
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing college. In exchange for your expertise, the college offers an excellent permanent package including an attractive pension scheme, work from home days, cycle to work scheme, floristry, restaurant and beauty treatment discounts, CPD, learning & development and career opportunities.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.