Protocol are proud to be working with a college based in Rotherham who are dedicated to becoming an ‘outstanding’ education and training provider. This college have just shared an exciting new vacancy for a workplace skills coach within mechanical engineering and electrical maintenance. This position is offering full time hours (37 hours per week) and will run on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate is needed to support and enhance the apprentice and employer experience through effective skills coaching and tutoring. The skills coach will be a subject matter specialist and will be required to visit each apprentice once every quarter for the entire duration of their programme. They will also be required to have regular ongoing contact with all learners & employers and to complete all the relevant paperwork and update all records relating to learner progress. This job will involve extensive travelling, as apprentices must be visited at their place of employment.
Have you got what it takes?
You will need to:
- Be a confident assessor who can engage with a wide variety of learners (mainly Level 2 & 3) and bring the subject matter to life in a creative and engaging way.
- Hold a relevant trade NVQ Level 3 qualification (mechanical engineering and/or electrical maintenance)
- Hold A1/V1 Assessors Award (or equivalent)
- Have experience working with e-portfolios and delivering apprenticeship standards
- A driving licence and regular access to a vehicle is essential and evening work may be required.
Why work for this college?
- Generous local government or teacher pension
- 22-29 days annual leave + bank holidays and college closure days
- Access to our gyms, restaurants and salons
- Staff health & wellbeing and benefits schemes including in-house Occupational Health service
- Full, part time and flexible working hours available in many roles
- Parking available at all of our sites
- Fantastic career development opportunities including funding for teacher training, apprenticeships and various other industry recognised qualifications
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.