Protocol is delighted to be working with an education provider in Cambridgeshire in the recruitment to the position of Deputy Director of Finance.
The post holder will manage the efficient day to day operation of the finance function, specifically in relation to Staff management (7 staff), Systems, Sales Ledger / Sales Admin, Management Accounts, Reporting and Statutory accounts, Purchase ledger, Capital and VAT
You will comply with financial regulations, policies and procedures and to assist in the implementation and operation of the financial regulations and policies business wide.
And will deputise for the Director of Finance if they are unavailable.
The person & qualifications
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA qualified
- Extensive relevant experience in financial management
- Experience of working within a Further Education environment (highly desirable)
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous performance management experience including experience of appraisal/target setting regimes
- Previous experience of working successfully with managers in external agencies
- Practical experience of preparing and undertaking month end procedures
- Experience of operating financial systems at a senior level
- Specific and practical experience of business planning and budgeting in a large and/or complex organisation
- Experience of deploying budgetary control and forecasting techniques with non-financial budget holders
- A detailed understanding of financial control processes, statutory reporting and statutory audit
- Appreciation of general VAT legislation
- A commitment to improving both quality and efficiency
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Good understanding of financial policies and procedures
- Advanced skills on Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Experience of Systems accounting
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.