We are currently working with a University based in the West-Midlands to recruit a Lecturer of Aeronautical Engineering to join their innovative Engineering department. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this University, as they continue on their journey to become the foremost, modern, higher education institute in the UK, with an international reputation for excellence. They are looking to appoint inspirational and effective people to help them reach the next stage of this mission. Working with students predominantly from areas with low rates of participation in higher education, it is important to continually strive to ensure the courses offered meet the changing needs of people and employers.
- Must hold a PhD in a relevant subject area
- A teaching qualification is desired however non-essential
- Previous experience of Higher Education teaching and developing specialist learning materials
- Extensive experience and knowledge of aircraft structures, aircraft propulsion systems and/or aerodynamics
- Will be very familiar with the requirements of teaching via flight simulation
- Effective teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of course management and implementing quality assurance (SL)
- Significant experience of leading the development, design, delivery and assessment of modules and courses at various levels (SL)
- Preparing and delivering teaching and learning activity on various aspects of our Aeronautical Engineering courses
- Delivery of Aeronautical skills, theory teaching, personal tutoring, and assessment
- Enhancement of the student experience and facilitating ongoing course evaluation and development
- Engaging with and developing innovative and effective teaching methods to enhance student engagement and achievement
- Contributing to student recruitment and ongoing promotion of the course
Please apply with your CV and Cover letter to be considered for this position.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first. We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone. Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.