Are you looking for a new opportunity? I am working with the State of Jersey to recruit for a Practice Learning Coordinator on the BA (Hons) Social Work degree programme!
Protocol are partnered with the State of Jersey to provide exceptional academic teaching staff for the largest FE and Sixth form provider on the island. This educational front runner offer an array of courses from college to University level, working collaboratively with Open University, University of Plymouth and London South Bank University. Overseen by the Department for Education, Jersey offers its own unique curriculum with many similarities to that in the UK.
Year on year this Further Education College continues to meet the educational needs of the people of Jersey. Whilst maintaining a high learning environment this establishment furnishes students with the knowledge and wherewithal to live economically, socially and personally fulfilling lives. The college is a fantastic place to learn and to work and boasts enthusiastic staff and students who are motivated and positive about their courses and their learning.
Should you be interested in fulfilling this role, flights or ferry and accommodation are provided throughout the duration of the contract with the transport costs covered at the start and end of each term.
- To design and deliver teaching materials and resources.
- To monitor equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects of teaching and practice learning.
- To keep up to date with subject knowledge and research, and to take part in continuing professional development.
- Contribute towards the management of annual budget and spending.
- To work in close collaboration key stakeholders to develop and oversee practice learning opportunities for students on the social work degree course.
- To recruit, train and support Practice Educators and On-Site Supervisors required to assess practice learning opportunities.
- To plan and manage processes for assessment of practice learning, including the organisation and chairing of Practice Assessment Panels, and reporting to course assessment boards.
- To support the quality enhancement and compliance with University of Sussex.
- To work alongside the Head of Higher Education, the Deputy Head of Higher Education (Academic and Applied) / Course Leader and, in consultation with employer agency partners, to develop and review strategic plans for the continuous improvement of practice learning.
- To contribute to the recruitment, training and support of Experts-by-Experience who assist with the selection of students, teaching, assessment and management of the programme.
- To work directly with agencies, students and tutors to ensure the appropriate and timely placement, teaching and assessment of students in agency settings that meet their professional development needs and enable them to meet the requirements and standards of their qualifying programme.
The person & qualifications
Educated to Honours degree level Professional Social Work Qualification Practice education award e.g. Practice Educator Professional Standards 1 and 2, Practice Teacher, Practice Assessor (or equivalent)
Registered Social Worker with Social Work England Track record of regular continuous professional development
Recent teaching experience
Relevant experience in Higher Education / training / learning and development
- A DBS on the update service or dated in the previous 12 months
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.