Protocol is delighted to be working with an FE college in Staffordshire in the recruitment to the position of Curriculum Manager (Motor Vehicle, Engineering and Science).
The post holder will support the Faculty Director and the Assistant Principals of Curriculum and Quality in the strategic leadership and operational management of the area of accountability and deputise for the Faculty Director as required.
- To develop and plan the curriculum areas portfolio in consultation with the Faculty Director and taking account of Labour Market Indicators, industry sector, employer and professional bodies needs.
- To seek and develop new curriculum to meet learner, employer, commercial and funding opportunities to meet targets and college KPI’s.
- To review, with others, the curriculum offer across the area of responsibility to ensure an outstanding experience for all learners based on quality, demand and funding criteria.
- To ensure effective and efficient staff utilisation and financial efficiency within the area of responsibility whilst maximizing income from both curriculum and commercial activities.
- To ensure high quality learning and teaching across the area of responsibility.
The person & qualifications
- A teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed etc)
- An assessors qualification (desirable)
- A management qualification (desirable)
- Academic, vocational, professional qualification to Level 4 or above (an Engineering specialism is highly desirable)
- Management within FE.
- Experience of curriculum management.
- Formulating and implementation of strategic and operational plans.
- Managing target setting and performance review.
- Current further education funding methodologies.
- A good understanding of the current Ofsted inspection framework
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.