Protocol is delighted to be working with an FE College in Greater Manchester in the recruitment to the permanent position of Health and Safety Manager.
This is a full time role though part time (3 days per week) would also be considered.
The post holder will act as the first point of contact to provide advice and interpretation of Health & Safety legislation, regulations and code of practice.
- You will ensure that systems are in place to carry out routine and periodic inspection and testing of safety critical items such as heat and smoke detectors, emergency lighting, the operation of fire doors, water etc, and that records, log books and certificates are maintained.
- You will maintain accurate records as laid down in the Estates Management procedures and as required by relevant legislation, such as COSHH (for example).
- You will arrange and Chair the Health & Safety Committee meetings and provide appropriate reports and updates.
- You will support managers of the College to establish and maintain a positive health and safety culture and co-ordinate the provision of Health & Safety training for College staff with the aim of ensuring that adequate and appropriate training is provided.
The person & qualifications
- You will have extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and practical experience as well as up to date knowledge on COSHH, Manual Handling, Codes of practice and risk assessment.
- You will have a current industry recognised qualification, accredited by IOSH (e.g. NEBOSH diploma, NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Health & Safety Practice).
- You will ideally have 3+ years’ experience in Health & Safety and in an environment with a large number of end users.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.