Protocol are working with a Specialist Vocational College who’re looking to recruit an English Lecturer to deliver from entry level up to GCSE based in Central London. They have now expanded to offer a wide range of courses which includes employability training, apprenticeships, and a range of Health & Fitness, Teacher Education and Training.
The Education and Training Department is friendly, fast paced and an enjoyable team to work within. This department is responsible for providing a high standard of teaching, learning and assessment, together with professional development to all learners from a wide variety of backgrounds. This is done through a wide range of different courses and support strategies.
This position is working on a part time (26 hours per week) permanent basis!
- Ensure delivery of English is in line with college aims and targets, meeting a minimum of ‘Good’ in line with Ofsted criteria, aspiring to achieve ‘Outstanding’ teaching and learning
- Deliver, assess and record appropriate Initial and Diagnostic Assessments to individuals and groups, providing guidance to tutors and learners regarding the analysis of the assessment outcomes
- Devise, deliver and manage programmes of study to meet learners’ individual needs, programme requirements and national standards from Entry Level to Level 2 and GCSE
The person & qualifications
- A teaching qualification (minimum PGCE)
- Hold an A Level in English (minimum)
- Have experience delivering from entry level-GCSE English
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.