JOB TITLE: Electrical Installations Skills Trainer/Assessor
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
QRS are working on behalf of Peterborough College and are looking for an Electrical Installations Assessor to join the Apprenticeship Academy team on a full-time permanent basis.
The Employer Services and Apprenticeship Academy provides apprenticeship programmes across a number of different subject areas to meet the requirements of employers within Peterborough, Stamford and the surrounding areas. The Skills Trainer Assessor role plays a crucial part in supporting the achievement of apprentices undertaking the following electrical apprenticeship programmes in the main:
- Installation Electrician (new apprenticeship standard)
The role involves working flexibly to meet the assessment, training, skills and behavioural development needs of apprentices both in College and at employer sites at varying times throughout the learning programme as required.
- Provide assessment, coaching and mentoring support to apprentices and work-based learners in the relevant apprenticeship framework or apprenticeship standard to achieve timely success.
- Responsible for an agreed case-load of apprentices/work-based learners and developing, planning and delivering quality assessments to meet the requirements of the qualification.
- Accurately undertake necessary documentation and processes as associated with apprenticeship/work-based learning programmes to ensure that the Peterborough College provision remains compliant with funding agency rules.
- Champion success by overseeing all contributors to the individual’s learning plan, gathering feedback on performance and using this to inform a detailed progress review with clear targets and action to support learner achievement of their short and long term goals.
- To regularly collaborate with relevant Colleagues, reporting progress to highlight potential risks of non-achievement and applying interventions as appropriate to mitigate risks.
- To maintain accurate records (paper or electronic) of; assessment; employer and learner activity; and learner achievement, compliant with funding rules, awarding organisation and College guidelines.
- To visit apprentices and work-based learners at agreed regular intervals to ensure timely progression towards learning aims and agree and review appropriate actions related to development of knowledge, skills and behaviours.
The person & qualifications
The ideal candidate will have a Level 3 qualification or above within at least one relevant vocational industry, in addition to a Level 3 Assessment & Quality Assurance qualification or equivalent. However, we welcome applications from professionals who are looking to become qualified assessors and who are willing to achieve this qualification.
The College offers many good employment benefits including 30 days holiday entitlement plus Christmas close down (or additional payment for hourly employees), access to the Local Government Pension scheme, and many on-site benefits and facilities, including a gym and on-site nursery. This position will be based at our Peterborough Park Crescent site.
The working hours for this role are Monday-Thursday 8:30am-5pm, Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
If you are interested in this role or would like more details, then please apply now!
QRS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all QRS assignments. All positions advertised by QRS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.