Protocol are working with a leading provider of education & training in Greater Manchester to recruit for a PERMANENT FTE Learning Support Assistant / Support Worker. With over 12,000 students world class facilities, an innovative approach to learning and links to some of the UKs most significant employers, students and lecturers are given a platform where they can achieve their full potential.
It is an exciting time to join this college and help them on their way to an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted grade.
- To provide the full range of support via email, telephone or online meet facility for students with complex support needs, enabling them to access the College provision;
- To provide Additional Learning Support to students with SEND across the whole range of college provision, including those with complex needs;
- To include work placements, enrichment activities and external visits and personal care needs;
- To support the students’ day to day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene, feeding students with complex needs (or be prepared to undergo training to do this) and transporting from one location to another with a wheelchair or other form of support.
The person & qualifications
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English is essential;
- Recent relevant experience of young people or adults in at least one of the following areas: ASD, ADHD, ADD, Communication and Interaction Difficulties, General Cognition and Learning Difficulties, Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties or Physical and/or Medical Needs;
- Prepared to perform duties required by learner’s support needs and it is essential to Experience of empowering and building the independence of young people or adults with Support issues;
- Be confident in supporting students across different vocational areas of English and Maths;
If this sounds like you please drop me an email with your up to date CV and availability and if you’re the right fit I’ll be back in touch shortly!
Not for you this time, but know someone who’d be a great fit? Don’t forget we have a generous referral scheme – so if you know someone who would be suitable, you could both get a £50 Amazon voucher! Find out more here
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.
If you don’t want to hear from us anymore? Login to your account to manage your preferences.