Protocol have an exciting opportunity working for a college based in South Yorkshire who’s looking to recruit work based learning assessors within Carpentry & Joinery.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about carpentry & joinery and have the drive and motivation to help learners to progress in their careers, increase their employability and support their personal development. The ideal candidate will have a strong background within carpentry & joinery, experience of assessing/teaching and have strong organisational and communication skills in order to inspire and educate learners.
The college are the largest single provider of education to school leavers in an area bridging South Yorkshire and North Nottinghamshire. They deliver excellent technical training and Apprenticeships for young people each year, propelling them forward to employment or undergraduate courses, taking an active role in supporting the local business community to thrive and succeed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team helping to develop the next generation of carpenters/joiners. You will have experience of supporting the development of up to date knowledge, skills & behaviours and have a good appreciation of employer skills needs. This will help to create a brighter future for these enthusiastic learners.
This is a full time, permanent position.
- To support learners to provide evidence on behaviours, underpinning knowledge, work based skills, learning & overall progress for each apprentice
- To provide coaching and skills support to ensure successful timely completion of End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Work with curriculum colleagues to check learner progress is to agreed targets in preparation of tripartite reviews.
- To support the development and progression of a caseload of apprentices through onsite workplace visits in the creation of showcase evidence such as observations, reflective accounts, witness testimonies, professional discussions and any further evidence to support EPA requirements, this evidence will be documented within the e-portfolio OneFile.
The person & qualifications
- Experience in assessing within Apprenticeship frameworks
- Recent experience of supporting learners through assignments and assessments
- Hold an assessors award
- Have a minimum level 3 qualification within carpentry & joinery
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.