ROLE: Tutor in Computer Science
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
HOURS: Full time (37.5 per week)
SALARY SCALE: £35 000 – £41 000
LOCATION: Manchester but may be required to travel
Protocol are looking to speak with experienced Computer Science Lecturers based in the Manchester area for 2 permanent positions at an exciting University.
You will be working with students from varied backgrounds, helping them achieve the best, both academically and generally. You will be expected to:
- To develop and deliver the curriculum with high quality learning resources, engaging learning activities and use of digital technologies as appropriate to enhance quality and accessibility.
- To ensure that students have a high quality and effective learning experience through provision of teaching, learning, assessment, curriculum development and individual learner support.
- To work with industry partners to ensure the curriculum and its delivery has currency from a professional practice and prospective employer perspective.
- To participate actively in aspiration raising, student recruitment and partnership development to attract students and ensure viable cohorts in your subject area.
You will need
We are particularly looking for candidates with subject expertise in a range of the following areas:
- Software Engineering methodologies: SDLC, Agile
- Experience of databases, SQL Server, MySQL
- Cloud Computing concepts and delivery
- Solutions architecture frameworks.
- Foundational computing theory, algorithms: Design, Complexity, Application
You will need experience tutoring or lecturing at a college or university.
What we offer
- Salary of £31000-45000
- 2 permanent positions
- The opportunity to make an impact in an organisation where innovation is constant