Protocol are working closely with a Further Education College based in Harrow in their search for a Specialist Exams Officer to work on a Full time Permanent basis.
Within this post you will be an integral member of the Learning Support Department and undertake the coordination, planning arrangement and submission process for Exam Access Arrangements for learners across College in line with Awarding Body regulations. The Specialist Exams Officer will be expected to work in a flexible, proactive manner and carry out duties necessary to ensure the effective management and successful development of the awarding body regulations, to ensure access arrangements are in place for those entitled, in a timely and responsive manner.
You will be working closely with the Inclusion Manager, Specialist Teacher/Assessor and the Exams Manager staff and curriculum teaching staff to ensure that all appropriate exam access arrangements for formal and internal examinations are in place. To ensure that the College’s record keeping and practice is fully compliant with exam board and JCQ regulations.
Main duties will include;
- Collecting and co-ordinating the completion of paperwork for all students who are eligible for access arrangements
- Communicating with students, feeder schools and parents in relation to existing or proposed access arrangements.
- Liaison with Learning Support, Examinations Manager, teaching staff, external professionals (e.g. educational psychologists, CAMHS etc) and other educational settings.
- Attending regular meetings with the Inclusion Manager/SENCO and the Specialist Teacher Assessor.
- To facilitate the application and approval of exam access arrangements for students across the school
- To complete and submit applications for Exam Access Arrangements in a timely manner to meet Awarding Body deadlines in liaison with the Exams Officer
- To ensure that learners have approval for appropriate Access Arrangements in place for their exams within the regulations of the Awarding Bodies
The role will be offering full time hours (36 hours per week) on permanent basis (40 weeks per year to cover term times) with a pro rata salary.
Have you got what it takes?
- Experience of working within an Exams team in an education setting
- A current understanding of the JCQ guidelines and ability to advise curriculum staff of the Awarding Body and JCQ requirements
- An understanding of the Equality Act 2010 and the SEND Code of Practice
- Experience working within an Exams officers/ Access arrangements assessors position previously
If this sounds like you or something you think you would be interested in; Hit apply now to speak to one of the consultants!
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.