Protocol are proud to be working with one of the UK’s leading providers of training and development for education professionals, seeking an Early Years Apprenticeship Tutor for a Full Time, Permanent position.
The role is blended with 3 days remote learning and 2 days travelling.
This post will holistically plan, co-ordinate, mentor and support on training and assessment for apprentices based in the Early Years Education sector. Knowledge and experience from working in the Early Years Sector will be shared with apprentices to ensure they achieve their programme at the highest possible level and in a timely fashion.
- Complete skills reviews with apprentices and employers and identify skill and knowledge gaps.
- Develop and take responsibility for the delivery of individual training plans tailored to candidate needs.
- Maintain records relevant to individual candidates.
- Undertake observations in the workplace.
- Support the delivery of high-quality training to exceed awarding body quality standards, including functional skills, in the workplace as appropriate to the candidates’ requirements.
- Assess Skills and behaviours and feedback to learners using the ePortfolio system.
- Develop individual action plans tailored to candidate needs
- Support the delivery of training using approved training resources in the workplace to cover Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours.
- English and Maths – Training, monitoring, supporting, recording and reporting to ensure successful completion.
- Provide tutorial support including key training for the Apprentice (and Employer around Prevent and British Values), Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare, Safeguarding and any additional learning support requirements
- Monitor candidate progress and provide support in completion of portfolios, end point assessments and other evidence setting targets to ensure timely completion.
- Supply information to employees and employers to support apprenticeship programmes.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the start-up pack (on-boarding) and evidence base for each apprentice.
- Attend CPD and Standardisation events as appropriate (Possibly remotely).
- Support the apprentice and employer as part of the end Point Assessment process.
- Ensure timely achievement of all students on programme and complete the required documentation to achieve Gateway and End Point Assessment.
The person & qualifications
- Hold a qualification or have experience in the subject area.
- Have up-to-date industry knowledge.
- Hold Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy qualifications.
- Have experience of working with employers in a training or customer relations role.
- Able to develop strong professional relationships with employers and learners.
- Have strong IT skills and be willing to work with e-portfolio’s.
- Can motivate learners and ensure they complete on time.
- Hold a full driving license, have own vehicle and be willing to travel to customer sites.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.