To provide a high standard of administrative and project management support to the Deputy Academy Director (DAD) in relation to the day-to-day coordination of activities, in particular the implementation of quality standards and policies, ensuring compliance and supporting an outstanding student experience. The post holder will be a key member of the curriculum leadership team and an operational point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, providing absence cover for the DAD
Key responsibilities and day to day duties:
- Provide support to the DAD and other Directors in ensuring the Foundation’s quality assurance policies and processes enable the Academy to meet the expectations of our university partners, diploma awarding body, college funding partners and Ofsted.
- Work with the DAD to coordinate the development and implementation of the Foundation’s Quality Assurance policies for both UK & Dubai.
- Provide project management support to the DAD and other Directors, e.g., preparing for university partnership events, validations, applications and registrations, reviews, inspections, and audits. This could include arranging visits, developing meeting schedules, collating data, and reports, submitting documents, drafting responses to correspondence.
- Provide accurate student performance data to meet the requirements of the NDA Foundation and its stakeholders and support the development and integration of improved data reporting tools.
- Support the DAD to direct the activities of the tutors, working alongside the Senior Tutors on curriculum development and quality enhancement activities, e.g.
- FE and HE course materials, resources, and Student Handbooks
- assessment and feedback to students,
- standardisation, internal verification & moderation for both FE & HE,
- teaching observations of the in-studio Diploma Courses,
- teaching staff training and mentoring
- Support the DAD to direct the activities of the Foundation’s Student Support Services, ensuring an outstanding student experience at all stages of the student lifecycle.
- Provide accurate student performance data to meet the requirements of the NDA Foundation and its academic partners, awarding bodies, auditors, and inspectors.
- Analyse and report on student feedback gathered via the full range of Student Voice activities, and support the development of improved Student Voice mechanisms
- Manage the submission of student marks to our university partners, attend Assessment/Award boards and ensure student VLS records are accurately updated.
- Coordinate preparations for graduation ceremonies
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Proven experience of working in, and making a success of, a curriculum leadership or quality role within FE and/or HE
- In-depth knowledge of and understanding of the current FE and/or HE sector
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and regulations relating to the FE/HE Student Journey, e.g., IAG; Safeguarding; funding and student finance; equality, diversity, and inclusion; academic regulations
- Commercial awareness in the context of post-compulsory education
- Evidence of project management skills, including ability to motivate staff and coordinate the efficient progress of projects to successful completion
- Experience of and confidence to liaise with external customers and colleagues, such as partner organisations, awarding bodies, inspectors and auditors, funding, and loan providers
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Excellent IT, analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate records and high-quality documentation
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise a varied workload in a timely manner, to troubleshoot and approach challenges in a flexible, creative, and proactive way
- A high level of academic attainment, e.g., degree, or teaching and assessing qualifications
- GCSEs English and Maths (C or above or key skills equivalent)
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training, and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit:
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted, you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.