Protocol are proud to be working with one of the largest independent providers of education in prisons, to find exceptional tutors that have the determination, patience and compassion to work with those looking for a chance to turn their lives around and gain the skills they need to build a better future for themselves.
We are looking for an ESOL Tutor to teach on a full-time, permanent basis at a Category B men’s prison.
As a Tutor delivering education in prisons, you can really make a difference to improve people’s lives.
• Identifying the individual needs of learners ensuring that learners have an individual learning plan which links to their long-term employment goals.
• Continually reviewing our learner’s progression to ensure that the training continues to meet their identified needs.
• Preparing, delivering and reviewing comprehensive lesson plans for all sessions that address the training needs of the group including basic literacy, numeracy, language and other social / employability barriers to employment.
• Engaging and motivating both individuals and learner groups to increase retention.
• Completing all of the necessary administration e.g. registers, enrolment forms, ILPs, reviews, Awarding Body documentation as determined by external and internal requirements in line with contractual deadlines.
The person & qualifications:
• Maths and English Level 2.
• Full teaching qualification.
• Confidence in using a diverse range of presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
• The ability to handle challenging situations whilst remaining calm and in control especially in a group situation.
• A passion to motivate and lead by example to support people to achieve qualifications.
• An empathy with the learner group and experience of overcoming complex barriers, a background in working with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and in a challenging or secure environment is desirable.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.