Business Development Manager (Cyber Security)
We are looking for a talented individual to lead the development of our cyber security programmes and help our brand grow within Germany as well as in our institute in Gloucester. We are in partnership with a university in Germany, and we are looking for an individual with fantastic business development skills to build partnerships, increase education opportunities and enhance our portfolio across Germany and the UK. You will be based in Gloucester (could be a hybrid role for the right person), and will be required to travel to Germany frequently to take a leadership position on behalf of our institute.
- To develop strategies and to coordinate the activities needed to meet or exceed the goals of our institute, notably increase the education opportunities available in the local area of the German institute, equipping them to thrive in a digital world and providing more skilled workers that will help address the cyber skills gap.
- Work closely with the university communications, marketing and student recruitment teams, support the Head of School to create a recognisable and impactful brand presence for the school, positioning it as a leader in the UK university sector for cyber and computing, offering a contemporary, forward-looking, and highly innovative environment, ensuring the portfolio and environment learning are effectively promoted.
- Ensure effective partnerships are made and maintained to optimise the benefits of this unique enterprise.
- To teach as part of a team in cyber and technical computer specialisms, including specific modules in Cyber Security, and related disciplines at undergraduate and postgraduate level providing excellent learning opportunities and offering academic guidance and support for students.
- To undertake staff development activity and work with other leaders to create an excellent environment for staff development for all members of within the school.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc in Cyber Security or in a related field (Essential)
- Business development experience (Essential)
- A strong understanding of the cyber security industry sector and knowledge in market development strategies (Essential)
- Can speak German or have a willingness to learn the language (Essential)
- A proven track of collaborative account management (Essential)
What’s on Offer?
- Salary £51,799 – £60,022 (depending on experience)
- The chance to be part of a growing industry and help enhance its brand presence.
- To experience working with an established university both in the UK and in Germany.
If this fantastic opportunity is something that you are interested in please call 0115 911 1218 or email you recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.