We are on the look out for a Learning Support Advisor in Isleworth. To support the academic success of individual students by providing personal support through: regular guidance; tracking and target setting; referral to other support services as appropriate; contributing to student progression and career plans; contributing to the development of the skills, knowledge and attributes needed for work and life as an effective citizen. A key focus of this role is to provide individual support via one-toone interviews.
You will need an Enhanced DBS. Ideally on the update service
- Educated to NVQ 3 or equivalent.
- Have a teaching qualification or be willing to obtain one within an agreed timescale.
- Experience or aptitude for working successfully with young people to help ensure they achieve their goals – work in an education, youth or community setting an advantage.
- Can build effective working relations with a wide range of individual students and groups of students and with their parents/guardians.
- Can deliver well structured tutorial sessions to groups of students so they are actively engaged, learning goals are achieved and good punctuality, attendance and behaviour is maintained.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Safeguarding and the ability to handle a range of safeguarding and wellbeing issues in accordance with college policy.
- Deliver a tutorial curriculum that allows students the opportunity to reflect on their learning and progression whilst developing the skills that actively promote resilience, confidence and independence preparing them for future success in their next steps.
- Holding regular one to ones students promoting the colleges High Expectations of attendance, punctuality and behaviour. With a focus on target setting that support academic success as scheduled in the tutorial calendar and as needs arise. These are to be recorded on the colleges system, ProMonitor.
- Provide pastoral support for designated groups of students and ensure appropriate cross college support where necessary.
- Work closely with identified At Risk Students, their parents/carers and colleagues to ensure the students maintain good attendance, punctuality and behaviour on all aspects of their learning programme and meet assignment and other work deadlines.
- Maintain effective and detailed individual records for each tutee.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs
The legal bit…
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.