Protocol are recruiting for a Horticulture Lecturer, This is permanent opportunity based in a Further Education college located in Sparsholt, near Winchester.
The post holder should ideally be qualified to degree level or near equivalent with several years related horticultural experience. Ideally candidates will possess a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to attain one. Assessing qualifications and experience of apprenticeship training would be an advantage.
- Produce schemes of work and lesson plans which are effectively structured and sequenced in order to facilitate learning.
- Prepare and develop exemplar learning materials which effectively meet the needs of all students in your group.
- Ensure all learning materials and resources are contextualised to your curriculum area and made available online using the College VLE (Moodle/Ledge)
- Design, develop and use a variety of activities which are suitably demanding and challenging, and help students to remember long term the content they have been taught
- Present information on and demonstrate skills clearly, making necessary adaptations where required to meet the needs and ability of your group.
The person & qualifications
- The successful delivery of the College’s Horticultural programmes, ranging from Level 2 to Level 3 work-based apprenticeships with the addition of some FE delivery where required.
- Horticultural science, Amenity Horticulture and Hard Landscaping knowledge is essential.
- Delivering theory and practical lessons to Apprentices and FE learners.
- Working closely with the Apprenticeship Liaison Officer and Assessor, setting, and marking work on an e- portfolio platform. Preparing apprentices for End Point Assessment through the delivery of Mandatory
and Optional units.
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.