We are working with a large, successful college group to recruit an Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Lecturer (Robotics & Automation) for a full-time, temporary-to-permanent position based in the North Nottinghamshire area. The college has recently seen a significant investment in facilities to enhance its current capabilities as well as becoming a centre of excellence for Automation and Robotics, providing an environment that mirrors industry. They are working with industry partners in Robotics and Automation who are elevating the engineering equipment to world-class levels. The college are now equally committed to investing in the right people!
The Engineering department has a great opportunity for a dynamic, professional individual qualified and experienced in robotics and programming techniques, to join a forward thinking college to develop and teach Advanced Manufacturing Engineering across a range of courses and disciplines. The successful candidate will be required to teach practical lessons in the robotics lab as well as classroom. These lessons include Industrial Robotics, PLC’s, Automation and Hydraulics & Pneumatics. While the desired individual would have these skill sets, training and upskilling is available with regards to this role.
You will plan, deliver and assess identified vocational programmes and support developments within the area. You will be a highly self-motivated, energetic and driven individual, encompassing a strong sense of autonomy. You will possess strong presentation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate achievement of targets.
Please note that training is available to the right candidate, whether that be teacher training or robotics. A background within Engineering or Computer Programming would be ideal.
- To co-ordinate, design, deliver and develop a programme(s) of study for a group(s) of learners in college.
- To develop best practice in learning, teaching and assessment ensuring standardisation and continuity.
- To develop part-time and full-time programmes.
- To act as a personal tutor to a group(s) of learners and co-ordinate tutorial support liaising with subject teachers.
- To keep up-to-date with curriculum initiatives, development of standards and general developmental and professional issues relating to the delivery of learning in your area.
- To complete documentation, appropriate records of learner performance and administration associated with role and responsibilities.
- To maintain appropriate standards of learner behaviour.
The person & qualifications
- A recognised teaching qualification (or willing to work towards)
- A higher education qualification related or Manufacturing Engineering / Automation or similar
- Assessor Award (or willing to work towards)
- Verifier Award (or willing to work towards)
- English and Maths level 2
- An IT qualification / experience
- Evidence of providing learning to groups and individuals
- Recent Relevant experience of working within an appropriate vocational environment
- (Desirable) Current experience of delivering learning in an educational sector
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.