Head of Estates Capitol Projects – South
We are looking for a Head of Estates to lead the Capitol Projects within our University based in the South. The post holder will play a leading role across Estates and Campus Services including developing the estates strategy, campus masterplan, space management and campus planning, property acquisitions and disposals and facilitate operational efficiency of campus operations. Strong consideration must always be given to procurement, health and safety, building regulations, planning conditions and other relevant legislative requirements.
- To provide project leadership for construction projects and programmes of works, procuring and managing technical and professional consultants as necessary, including, but not
limited to architectural, engineering and surveying services.
- Co-ordinating project management and design development of both preconstruction and construction phases of the project life cycle including drawings, project execution plans and
programmes, site surveys, design and specification, procurement of tenders, site inspections, contract administration and cost control.
- To liaise, consult and advise with key stakeholders within Estates & Campus Services and across the university on space allocations and layout planning, digital infrastructure, technical
specifications, and equipment required to meet academic objectives.
- To undertake selection and engagement of professional consultants, suppliers, and contractors in line with university procurement and financial regulations and to manage
external consultants to ensure that proposed schemes deliver against the brief and specification with the anticipated benefits.
- Produce business case and feasibility reports, option appraisals, management information and strategic reviews to project boards and other steering groups and
- Establish and manage project programmes and budgets aligned to the university’s capital and revenue estates development plans, reporting to the relevant
meetings and / or committees when required.
- Work with all stakeholders to provide required engagement to progress projects on programme and budget.
- Collaborate with design team, internal and external stakeholders to keep projects on time and on budget while delivering a project aligned to our strategy and future estate needs.
What’s on Offer?
- The chance to work for a growing University
- Full time, Permanent position
- Hybrid working, 3 Days on Campus and 2 days working from home
- £48,835 to £54,943 Per Annum
If you are interested and would like to know more please call 0115 911 1218 or email your CV to email@example.com.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.