Protocol are working with a successful college in Hertfordshire with campuses in St Albans and Welwyn Garden City, to recruit for a ALS Tutor across the Welwyn Garden City and St Albans campus.
The college has over 300 courses across all levels to ensure students leave college career ready. With full time courses and apprenticeships for school leavers to HND’s and foundation degrees for adult learners and everything in-between; paired with industry standard, state-of-the-art facilities and highly experienced staff, the college ensures students are prepared for the future.
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Additional Learning Support Tutor to join the team. As an ALS Tutor, you will play a crucial role in providing personalized educational support to students with diverse learning needs. Your expertise and passion for helping others will empower students to overcome challenges and achieve their academic goals
£25 – £30 per hour plus holiday pay PAYE
Full time, Monday to Friday (22-26 hours teaching, hours TBC)
- Identify individual learning needs and create tailored support plans for students.
- Deliver one-on-one or small group tutoring sessions, focusing on specific subjects or learning strategies.
- Develop and implement instructional materials and resources to cater to various learning styles and abilities.
- Collaborate with teachers and support staff to ensure a cohesive and inclusive learning environment.
- Assess students’ progress and adjust tutoring strategies accordingly to maximize their learning outcomes.
- Empower students with study skills, time management techniques, and organizational strategies.
- Provide emotional and motivational support to enhance students’ self-confidence and academic performance.
- Stay updated with the latest educational practices and technologies to improve tutoring approaches.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and staff to ensure a collaborative and supportive network.
- Complete exam access arrangements
The person & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Special Education, Psychology, or a related field.
- Previous experience in tutoring, teaching, or working with individuals with additional learning needs is preferred.
- Familiarity with various learning disabilities, behavioural challenges, and accommodations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and establish a positive learning environment.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to help students succeed academically and emotionally.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt tutoring techniques based on individual learning styles and needs.
- An enhanced DBS on the update service
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.