Protocol are working with a successful college in Hertfordshire for a EHCP/High Needs Funding Coordinator at their St Albans campus.
The college has over 300 courses across all levels to ensure students leave college career ready. With full time courses and apprenticeships for school leavers to HND’s and foundation degrees for adult learners and everything in-between; paired with industry standard, state-of-the-art facilities and highly experienced staff, the college ensures students are prepared for the future.
TEMP(Ongoing) // FULL TIME
- • Manage High Needs Funding Applications across all Departments including ILS
• Manage Educational, Health and Care Plan process
• Completing EHCP consultation responses, using language and terminology that is in line with our legal obligations and the SEND code of practice
• Completing funding applications in line with our costing formulas, ensuring costings are accurate and clearly recorded
• Ensure HNF numbers are accurately recorded, keeping precise records that can be fed back to Faculty and Finance Director as required
• Represent the College at Local Authority funding panels to assist with panel decisions
• Organise and when required carry out offsite assessments on potential students in accordance with EHCP guidance
• Ensure EHCP paperwork is completed to required standard
• Deliver training on EHCP across the College
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Level 2 English, Mathematics and ICT
- Experience of working in an FE environment
- Knowledge of EHCP Process
- Knowledge and Understanding of HNF Process
- Experience in dealing with administrative quality assurance processes and complying with
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise own workload, balancing demands and
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing needs and work effectively as a team member
- Commitment to own learning and performance
- Demonstrable well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with people from a wide range of backgrounds in a caring and professional manner.
- Able to liaise effectively with staff at all levels
- Able to relate well and motivate others
- Able to work flexibly to meet changing needs
- Able to inspire trust, loyalty and effective performance from team members
Desirable Skills & Abilities
- Good personal IT skills with the ability to use a range of standard software packages such
as Microsoft Excel and the ability to put in place robust formulae to ensure data accuracy
and reduce potential financial risks.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships
- Ability to provide courteous and effective customer service
- Effective communication and presentation skills to enable generation of written reports
and do data analysis to be understood by a range of audiences
- Ability to write detailed responses to EHCP consultations, within the timeframe stated.
- Understanding of the legal requirements outlined within the code of practice and
implications placed upon Colleges. This will include, Consultations, Annual Reviews and
attending Local Authority meetings as directed by the Head of Department
As a Disability Confident business we warmly encourage applications from people with disabilities. Protocol is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The Legal Bit
Protocol National ltd trading as Protocol are acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Protocol is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.