We are working with a fantastic college in the Bedfordshire area who are looking to recruit a permanent, full time A – Level English lecturer for a January start. Looking to interview on the week commencing 22nd October 2018. Our ideal candidates will have experience of teaching in a Sixth Form or Further Education College environment with students 16 – 18 year olds and experience of working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. Offering an annual salary of up to £31,000 – £35,000, this college is looking to interview immediately.
- To help students develop their skills and reach their maximum potential through the delivery of courses and contributing to the development of Sixth Form curriculum and student experience.
- To undertake an agreed teaching commitment that develops students’ knowledge, skills and understanding.
- To enthuse, engage and motivate students to learn and foster their curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- To plan, prepare and deliver a range of lessons maintaining a high quality learning environment.
- To provide timely assessments, appropriate feedback and recording of students’ progress, development and attainment in order that students understand how to improve their learning.
- To contribute to the achievement of retention and success targets for courses that you teach.
The person & qualifications
- Must have a Teaching Qualification
- DBS on the update service or applied for
- Current experience of teaching A Level English
- Experience of teaching in a Sixth Form or FE College environment with students 16 – 18 year olds
- Demonstrable record of success in teaching
- Up to date knowledge of subject area, syllabus, and teaching methods
- Experience of using ILT to enhance teaching and learning
- Evidence of high performance in previous roles/jobs
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.