We’re excited to be assisting an established great education organisation in London to fill this vital post within their structure. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their career and grow with an organisation.
- To act as the Designated Safeguarding Lead for Safeguarding, ensuring that the College undertakes its
statutory responsibilities maintaining the welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults
- To develop and implement robust attendance, retention and positive learner progression strategies ensuring
that the learners have every possible chance to succeed and progress
- To be responsible for the ‘At Risk’ engagement strategy encompassing the learner support fund and other
financial support systems and 1:1 support services
- To ensure that you maintain current up-to-date knowledge of all government policy developments, funding body and audit requirements, sector skills councils and awarding organisations in relation to key areas of responsibility (ALS, Welfare, Safeguarding, Funding etc.)
The person & qualifications
- Child Protection/Safeguarding & Prevent training/Qualification
- Experience in advising strategies for lecturers to help support learners with ALS needs
- Knowledge and experience with Welfare referral agencies and support networks to effectively support and refer learners for appropriate to their needs
- Possess a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity
- Possess a commitment to the safeguarding of learners
- Professional discretion, maintaining a professional and effective manner with both staff and learners.
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.