We are working with a fantastic college in Essex/East London who are looking for a permanent Social Work Lecturer for approximately 21.6 hours per week. Offering an annual salary of £22,991, this college is looking to interview immediately!
- Teaching on a Social Work programme at levels 1 -3
The person & qualifications
- Substantial relevant work experience and to either have or a willingness
- English and Maths at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent level 2 qualifications.
- A relevant qualification at Level 3 or above/degree level in Social Work
- A recognised Level 4 teaching qualification such as Certificate in Education, PGCE or equivalent, or willingness to obtain one within an agreed period of time
- Proven ability to teach a range of levels
- Strong IT skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collectively within a team and with a range of colleagues across college
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of audiences both within and outside the college
- High level of organisational and administrative skills as required for this post.
- Understanding of the need for, and commitment to an excellent pastoral care system to support students in their academic activities Experience required Relevant experience in industry
- Proven experience of implementing quality processes to ensure good teaching and learning.
- Teaching or delivery of taught sessions at level 4 and above Personal qualities required
- Emotional resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours.
- Flexible ‘can do’ approach and willingness to work outside of normal office hours when required
- Willingness and ability to travel between sites as part of the role
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.