Protocol are currently recruiting for a Full time Permanent Trainer / Assessor in Building Maintenance and Construction Multi Skills required for an FE College in the Essex area.
Salary £26221 to £29510 + £5000 Golden Hello and lots of benefits!
- To ensure that all workshops are maintained in a safe operational condition, that all teaching and learning related materials are prepared in a timely manner and appropriate stock levels are maintained, working collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to meet the learning needs of students
- To train and assess candidates within a workshop environment, predominantly across college campuses and contribute to the Trowel Occupations and specifically the Multi Skills team commitment to manage, visit and assess Apprentices and Work Experience candidates in the work place.
- To oversee / carry out live practical projects both within the college or other establishments maintaining a high quality of work in accordance to statutory requirements; specifically in relation to the Area’s management and facilitation of GAP and Work Experience
- To, at all times, maintain high expectations of learner’s work, commitment, and behaviour, taking action to ensure the highest of standards are met.
- To continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your delivery utilising and engaging with the college’s development and observation programmes
- To train and assess candidates towards agreed qualifications and prepare high quality learning and teaching materials.
- With regard Multi Skills and specifically Property Maintenance; to liaise with the colleges work based learning and widening participation centres ensuring compliance with college wide systems and procedures.
- To contribute to the development of curricula and specialist facilities within the Area.
- To maintain workshop, equipment and tools to the highest standards ensuring statutory requirements are met.
- To carry out and oversee practical community or college projects ensuring high standards of work are maintained at all times.
- To competently and professionally liaise with customers, parents/guardians and employers.
- To maintain an effective and timely stock control system of materials and consumables including the ordering of materials, tools and equipment. To liaise with AH and/or Asst AH with regard the curriculum area’s procurement needs and be responsible for placing agreed orders to suit those needs
- To prepare materials and equipment as needed by teaching staff and students in a timely, effective and efficient manner
- To contribute to the work of programme teams, committees and boards as appropriate
- To complete appropriate awarding body documentation and ensure compliance of required procedures.
- To monitor candidate progress including target setting and the carrying out of regular progression reviews.
- To assist in the promotion and marketing of programmes within your team and centre of study.
- To apply the colleges Safeguarding and Health and Safety Policy
- To actively promote equality and diversity at all times
- GCSE in Maths & English
- Level 3 Qualification in a Construction Trade (Preferably Trowel Trades / Brickwork)
- Teaching qualification (or be willing to work towards one)
- Assessing Award (or be willing to work towards one)
- Industrial experience
Protocol are the specialist full-service recruiter dedicated to education, training and skills. People are at the heart of everything we do. We place people first.
We’re more than a recruitment agency – we pride ourselves on our ongoing support and aftercare delivered by our expert team, and all our candidates benefit from free access to our exclusive online CPD portal, Learning Zone.
Whatever your career goals, we’ve got the right role for you. With a wide range of temporary and permanent positions available, from lecturing and training jobs to assessment and support staff roles, all with very competitive pay rates and benefits – your future is in good hands.
The legal bit
Protocol promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with Protocol. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for all Protocol assignments. All positions advertised by Protocol comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we might not be able to respond to every candidate with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion.